|Best Banana Bread Ever|
1/2 cup butter, softened
1/4 cup vegetable oil
1 cup white sugar
1/2 cup brown sugar
1 1/2 cups mashed ripe bananas (I use 3 medium well-ripened bananas)
1/2 cup sour cream
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
2 cups flour
1 teaspoon baking soda
1/2 teaspoon salt
• Mix together butter, oil, sugars and eggs.
• Add mashed bananas, sour cream and vanilla, stirring together well.
• Mix in flour, baking soda and salt, stirring until it is well blended.
• Pour into 1 greased large angel food cake pan.
• Sprinkle additional brown sugar generously over top of batter, using your hand to gently pat some of it into the batter, which is purely optional!
• Bake at 325 degrees for one hour
• Allow bread to cool in pan for about 10 minutes, then run a sharp knife around the edges, tap the pan on the counter several times to release the bread from the bottom of the pan, then invert pan over a wire rack and let the bread fall onto the rack to finish cooling completely.